What Is the Benefit of Moving Workflow to the Cloud?
Collaboration, efficiency, mobility, and scalability are the reasons that companies choose to move their workflow into the cloud.
- Employees can access the data they need from anywhere they have
- The company can provide virtual access to employee desktops for
at-home or remote workers.
- File sync and easy collaboration is made possible.
- Applications can be hosted by the server and used by employees,
regardless of location and in most cases, regardless of device.
- Work gets done more quickly, more efficiently, while including all
What is the Advantage of Moving Data to the Cloud?
While server possibilities such as virtualization and remote desktop options are newer developments, the use of servers to archive and retrieve files goes back to the invention of the server itself. Why do companies use servers to store and retrieve data?
- To meet file retention guidelines
- To provide offsite access to data for business continuity purposes
- To share files with colleagues, vendors, or clients
- To secure against accidental deletion of on-site records
- To protect against the impact of ransomware
- To remain compliant with legislation
Is Using the Cloud Safe?
As we have already mentioned, there are several possible cloud scenarios. In regard to security, each cloud option comes with it’s own set of pros and cons. This is where our business advisors come into the picture. Our IT consultants take the time to understand what your processes are and why you are considering the use of cloud services. Once we have the answers to these important questions, we can advise on the most secure ways to achieve your desired outcomes.
As you are aware, there is no way to completely eliminate risk in any activity of life. Fortunately, the cloud can be your insurance against some of the risks associated with keeping all of your core-business data onsite. By backing up your data to the cloud and running some or all of your applications from or within the cloud, you can actually improve your security posture.